Featuring: Elana’s Pantry’s, Grain Free Chocolate Almond Joy Bars
I made this amazing recipe over the holidays for my guests and they loved them. These bars are not as sweet as you may think, but nonetheless, they are delicious. This recipe is loaded with good fats, low in carbs, and high in protein (due to the almond flour) and will not spike your blood sugar. I substituted almond meal, which is coarser than almond flour, and you can expect a little heavier outcome. Almond flour is lighter because the almonds have been ground without the skins, whereas, the meal has the skins on. If you haven’t been to Elana’s Pantry, check out her blog. Elana has a wonderful storehouse of great recipes to explore. It didn’t take me long to become an avid fan!
Enjoy the Chocolate Almond Joy Bars:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, almond extract and palm sugar
- In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients into wet with a handheld mixer
- Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Pour batter into dish, then sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining chocolate chips on top
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Cool for 1 hour
Note: The linked ingredients (courtesy of Elana Amsterdam) will take you to Amazon.com, where you can purchase these ingredients online.